Monday, February 28, 2011

orange nasturtiums


two weeks ago i spied the first nasturtium blossom in the yard. spring is here!

by now we have a few more bright orange blossoms gracing the yard. the artichoke leaves are getting long and lush. the barbie pink guava fruit is ripening. my alpine strawberries have sweet little white flowers peeking out from behind the green leaves. purple blossoms fill the rosemary bushes.

this will be our third spring in this house. we're still doing major yard and house wrangling, but i'm excited to see what's in store and what shape the garden will take as the days get longer.

1 comment:

  1. This gives me hope that spring will move across to the midwest! I see no hints of it here!

    Can't wait to see what your garden brings...it would be fun to exchange gardening tips and recipes. I started a huge flower garden in the back last fall so I'm waiting to see what survived through all this ice and snow.
    I started my indoor seeds this week and keep going downstairs to see if anything is peeking up yet. Yes, I'm a little impatient! :)

    ReplyDelete