Saturday, November 27, 2010

waffle pudding, anyone?

Thanksgiving morning we hosted the first annual "Thanksgiving Vegan Waffle Breakfast." Yum! It was also like a kitchen housewarming party since it was our first gathering in our updated kitch.

We made tons of waffles, and ended up with about 2 quarts of leftover waffle batter. Friday afternoon we went to a Thanksgiving Leftover potluck (vegan!), and I knew I had to make use of the waffle batter somehow. But what to do with it, other than make waffles again?

Waffle bread pudding, of course!

Which did require actually making waffles. But Ryan was a ready helper (and waffle eater). We chopped up the waffles into bite-sized pieces, and then used the bread pudding recipe from Joy of Vegan Baking - except I cut out all the white sugar, and used only the brown sugar she calls for. I thought since the waffles were already sweet, all that sugar would be overkill.

This made the most aromatic bread pudding, and it was nice and moist. I highly recommend this as a fun way to use leftover waffle batter!

3 comments:

  1. That sounds fabulous...my husband loves bread pudding but I've never made it before for him. I use the same cookbook but never looked at this recipe. I'm excited to try it!

    Hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful...and have I told you how awesome your kitchen counters are! If only I knew where to score some bowling alley lanes!!! :) Really, great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness, how did i not know this was waffle bread pudding. either way it was delicious. nice meeting you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This bread pudding was amazing! I was dreaming about it days later...

    ReplyDelete